Exporting and Importing from Apple Address Book to FirstClass Contacts
- Launch Apple Address Book and go to its Preferences. Select the vCard section. Change the vCard Format to 2.1. Close the Preferences.
- Select a mailing list you wish to export, and/or select all of your entries, and go to the File menu and select Export vCard.
- Save the file as vCards to somewhere you'll remember, like Desktop.
- Open FirstClass, and open your Contacts. Go to the File menu and select Import Contacts....
- Select the vCards file you exported from Address Book. It will populate your FirstClass contacts with the data from the Address Book vCard.
For mailing lists in Address Book, it's a different procedure. Before you transfer a list from Address Book to FirstClass, make sure that the members of your mailing list have already been imported into FirstClass using the steps above.
- In Address Book, select the list you wish to transfer, then select all the members of that list and copy them to the clipboard using apple-c.
- On your FirstClass desktop, make a new document and paste the list members into it. Leave this document open.
- Open your FirstClass Contacts, and click the small black arrow next to the "New" button to open a dropdown menu. From that menu, select New Mail List. Give it a name.
- In the open document where you pasted all the names, select all of them and drag them into the "Members" field of the Personal Mail List box. When you see a black line in the upper part of the Members field, you can let go. Hit OK to save the list.